Monday, December 13, 2010

Adios Granja Tia Nora. Hola nuevas aventuras. (Monday December 13--Day 34)

Alrighty, so here`s the game plan. I will be traveling for the next 6 weeks. I don`t know what my internet access will be like, but I`ll do my best to keep everyone posted. But just so you have a rough idea of what I`ll be doing and where I`ll be, here are my rough travel plans.
Puerto Madryn: December 15-17. It takes 26 hours on a bus from San Juan to Puerto Madryn. This is a gateway to Patagonia, and will be my first stop on my traveling adventure. I`ll probably spend these days resting and exploring the coast line, before my Patagonian adventure really begins.
Puerto Gallegos: December 18. After another 26 hours on a bus, I will be in Rio Gallegos. There isn`t much to do in this southern port town. Basically, it is a stop over before I take another bus inland, towards the mountains.
Calafate: December 19-23. Mountains. Glaciers. Wonderful
Chalten: December 24-29: Mountains. Hiking. Wind. Maybe a white Christmas, afterall.
Route 40: December 29-31: Chalten travels. The only bus company that risks this unreliable road. Over 40 hours of amazing sites. Awesome.
Bariloche: December 31-January 2: Happy New Years
Lake District explorations: January 2-14. El Bolson, Siete Lagos, San Martin, Zapata, etc. Hiking and exploring. Exciting.
Mendoza: January 14-17- Rest and explore
Huerta Organica: January 17-February 5. Another WWOOFing experience. This time in an organic garden south of Mendoza. A mother-daughter American power combination who moved to Argentina 6 years ago to change their lifestyle. Now, they have an experimental organic farm and they live a life without electricity and running water. Awesome.

I´ll do my best to keep you posted. And as soon as I can figure out how to add pictures to this, I`ll try to put some up. Un abrazo.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your upcoming adventures. Wow. Will miss you this Holiday's. By the way, I am up to 45 Christmas trees.

    Love Dad and Mom II

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello there.