Monday, January 24, 2011

Otra transición (Sunday January 16--Day 68)

I am on the overnight bus traveling from San Martin de los Andes to Tunuyan. There is something about traveling, that stretch of motion between places, that really excites me. The adventure. The unknown. The new sites. The fresh slate. But this time, I am more excited than usual. This time, I just cannot wait to get there.
I have been hopping around from location to location for over a month. I am exhausted. Like a wet sponge, I have soaked up so much information that I can barely move, think, or process it all. I´m almost nub. Not entirely. But almost. I dont know how people travel for months and months without stopping. For me, I need to slow it down and stay in one place for a long time. So the timing of this next farm couldn´t be better.
When I get to Tunuyan tomorrow at 5am, I will go to the farm of Margot and Vida, a mother-daughter pair from the United States who came to Argentina four years ago to start this self-sustainable garden. I heard from previous volunteers that for the next few weeks I am going to work my butt off and learn A LOT. I am so ready. Almost. I just have to switch my mind from go-go-travel-walk-hike-go-go to slow-slow-work-work-here-here-now-now. But that shouldn´t be too hard. I don´t know what to expect but I have no personal agenda. I have seen all I wanted to see and done all I wanted to do. The next few weeks in Argentina will be spent there, on that farm, learning and doing all I possibly can.
So it is back to the farm for me. I´ll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there.